Mitchell Cotts Group is East Africa’s leading air cargo terminal operator, serving both scheduled and chartered cargo airlines at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. We own and operate our own facility and it has the potential to handle over 150 million kilograms of cargo per annum. This ultra-modern, 2-floor complex has integrated automated handling systems throughout, designed to handle cargo with the utmost precision and efficiency. We are dedicated to servicing as many airlines as possible and support over 160 Freight Forwarders through our facilities.
Our state-of-the-art temperature-controlled warehouse offers four main benefits to airlines and Cargo Consolidators:
- Direct Accessibility to Airside: We have direct access to cargo planes from our refrigerated warehouse, ensuring we don’t break the cold chain and significantly reduce product handling times when picking and loading shipments into cargo aeroplanes (freighters).
- Regulatory Compliance: Our clients, particularly airlines transporting food, pharmaceutical or healthcare goods, require strict compliance with temperature regulations to ensure product safety and quality. Working with us will enable airlines to comply with these regulations and avoid costly fines and penalties.
- Product Quality, Safety and Automation: Our temperature-controlled warehouse enables us to maintain consistent temperatures that ensure product quality and safety. We help preserve the freshness and nutritional value of perishable goods and prevent spoilage, contamination, and the growth of harmful bacteria. Working with us means extended shelf life for perishables.
- Better Customer Satisfaction: We help airlines improve customer satisfaction and loyalty by ensuring that products that are delivered to our warehouse in good condition and on.
Talk to us about our vacuum cooling services. Product Range: Flowers, Herbs, and Vegetables. The Vacuum Cooling technology enables fresh produce to have a longer shelf life by absorbing heat from the product. The technology also enables uniformity in product cooling, thereby preventing:
- Product wilting
- Risk of botrytis (fungal infection)
- Risk of ethylene production
- Pre-mature ageing and bent stems
Vacuum-cooled produce maintains higher product quality and enables fresh produce to achieve homogeneity in cooling to the core.